Monday, December 11, 2006

PCA seat


Last night I won my PCA (Pokerstars Carribean Adventure) entry. I entered a $175 Double Shootout and won the 12k package. A Double Shootout starts with 9 tables w/ 9 players each. Then the winner of each table advances to the Final Table. The winner of the Final Table gets the 12k package. Everyone else at the FT gets their buyin back. Luckily, once I got heads up at the end I had about a 4:1 chiplead and I was able to win pretty easily.

So the PCA is a WPT event with an 8k buyin. It's in the Bahamas January 5th-11th. The package includes the buyin (8k) plus hotel & food (3k) plus travel money (1k).

The nice thing about it is this was the first satellite I played to get in. Unlike the WSOP seat I won, which I spent about $2500 in sats before I got in. It was a last minute decision to play in it too. Sunday was the final day of sats & since I was only playing 2 other MTTs I figured I'd throw the PCA sat in there too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Neil,

How'd you make out with this tourney? I was speaking with Mike L. this weekend and he mentioned you turned pro!! Best of luck to you.

John Ruggieri