Saturday, July 29, 2006

In Vegas

Arrived late last night. Really late considering I was 3 hours ahead. My flight got in around 11:00 PST & by the time I got a cab to Bally's & got to my room it was 1:00. Of course to my body it was actually 4:00.
I checked out of Bally's and into the Rio today. I had to do that because when I made my reservations for Rio, I was figuring on flying in on Saturday. I later decided to fly in on Friday, but there were no more vacancies at Rio, so I had to book my arrival night at Bally's. Both rooms were/are really nice.

I went & checked out the WSOP scene. . . it's insane. They wouldn't allow any non-players into the poker room, so I didn't get to see any poker action, but the whole area is like a carnival. There are booths everywhere & every major online poker site has their own private room set up for those who qualified on their site. I'm actually on my way down to Bodog's room now for the meet & greet. Hopefully I can just grab my bag of shtuff & leave.

From what I've heard, there's over 8500 entrants so far & Day 1 had to play from noon until past 3am. For me that will feel like 6am, so I plan on relaxing tonight to prepare for a long day tomorrow.

No comments: