Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The New World

Actually it ain't that different from the old one, except that I'm running horrible. My move over to PokerStars started off with me dropping 15 buyins at the $114/$225s. I'm not worried though. I've been encouraged by some of the bad plays I'm seeing regulars make. Now I just have to figure out how to get my hands where I'm a 3:1 favorite to actually win. Of course there are some very good regulars too and I'm trying to avoid sitting at a table where there are 5 other SNG pros sitting.

I've been playing some 600 & 1000 NL cash over at FullTilt, since I get rakeback there. It seems like the level of play is better at FT than it was at Party. It's not that the general play is exceptionally phenomenal or anything. . . it's just that there doesn't seem to be many really awful players there. Who knows. . . I've only played about 1000 hands there so far. There's still much to see.

I also heard that Harrah's will not be accepting any 3rd party registrations for the WSOP next year. That means no internet qualifiers. I guess it has to do with the new law. That's too bad. Obviously there will be nowhere near the 8700+ players they had this year as long as that rule is in effect.

No comments: