Tuesday, August 08, 2006

$900 in 9 minutes

Not bad. I started up 2 tables of $600 NL and made straights or 2 pair with what seemed like every other hand. After 9 minutes I decided I was tired and quit. Of course this just gets me back to even from the night before when I lost $900 @ $600 NL.

I played 1 tourney tonight. . . the Party $109 @ 7:00. I was doing decent, with an average chipstack when I made a loose call that I'm still not sure about.
I had been at the table for only 4 hands, so I didn't have a read on anyone. Big stack at the table opens from EP to 900 (blinds are 200/400), I call w/ JJ in the CO & about 8k total in chips and SB shortstack calls leaving himself ~2300 behind. Flop comes 7 high & SB pushes. Then the bigstack pushes over the top. I thought for a while & figured he could do this with 88-AA & took my chances that my JJ might be good. It wasn't. Shorty had trash, but big stack had KK & I'm busto. I'm still mulling this one over. It's hard considering I had just arrived at the new table & I didn't know how bigstack played at all.

No comments: